Thursday, February 12, 2009

Overheard in an Orchard


Said a robin to a sparrow
I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush around and worry so?
Said the sparrow to the robin
Friend, I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me.
~Elizabeth Cheney


I read this and started thinking...So often when I see people in this world, I see them as these two birds saw them: stressed out and worrying about things. Like the sparrow said, they have no Heavenly Father! They have no peace and quiet in their soul. But have you ever thought that when the world looks at us Christians and sees us stressed out and worried about things, that maybe they don't see Christ AT ALL or maybe that he is simply not powerful enough! Oh, we say that we trust in God, and that we know he is there for us, but if we truly did trust HIM, then we shouldn't even have an ounce of stress or worry on our face or in our hearts. I wonder how many people I have turned away from Christ without even knowing, simply because what they saw in me was that I couldn't/wouldn't trust HIM fully!

1 comments:

Anne said...

I really needed to hear that... thanks for sharing April:).