Friday, January 16, 2009

Notable Quotables!

1.It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity
2. A man who trims himself to suit everybody will eventually whittle himself away
3. The problem with those bumper stickers about tailgaiting is that you have to get really close to the person's car to read them
4. Two nickels short of a fudge pop on a hot july day
5. Did the sun just come out or did you just smile
6. The thing that impresses me most about America is that the parents obey their children
7. For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain
8. To my best recollection, I can't remember
9. We can reach our world, if we will. The greatest lack today is not people or funds. The greatest need is prayer
10. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip
11. You have the brains of a worm and half its looks
12. The wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead
13. The reverse side also has a reverse side
14. Did you think that the missionary path was all glory? Then you have not read of God's greatest Messenger to earth, who sat and wept over Jerusalem, crying out, "I would...but ye would not
15. What you don't see with your eyes don't invent with your mouth
16. Oh1 Do not attck me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch
17. We thought because we had power, we had wisdom
18. Thank goodness I was never sent to school, it would have rubbed off some of the originality
19. In no other way can the believer become as fully involved with God's work, especially the work of world evangelism, as in intercessory prayer
20. debt is sacrificing your future day needs for your present day desires
21. I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year's fashions
22. There is no frigate like a book / To take us lands away
23. It's amazing what can be accomplished if you don't worry about who gets the credit
24. He must increase, but I must decrease

1 comments:

Dear Abbi said...

Some of these are great! I also liked the robin and sparrow poem above, and your dress is gorgeous...way to go! My mom is a very talented seamstress, but so far, I have not gotten that gene. :)

My name is Abbi and I am friends with Gina Holder and Anne and Rachel from LVBC. I guess I found your blog through one of theirs and recognized you. I enjoyed your posts! Have a great day!