Saturday, July 24, 2010

A productive day!

I've been gone on the most wonderful trip up north to visit family and friends! A trip filled with so many wonderful moments and memories. As usual, I always dread the goodbyes but look forward to getting back home to Texas. This time getting back home was filled with dread because I had a serious problem to take care of...my car was making this terrible noise! My struts had gone bad, really bad! With an early early morning start my dad, myself, and a friend began a job we thought would take just a few hours...unfortunately things don't always go the way we want them too. After a very long day we...when I say we I mean my dad and Will mostly...finally got the struts in. We only had a few minor problems, one of which was the struts were bolted in so tight that none of us could get them out. Ya only a minor problem! We tried for almost 2 hours with almost every tool I could imagine, they weren't even budging! In the process we broke a ratchet in two. Now I'm no expert but if you can manage to break a ratchet in two either you are stronger than you think or that's one tough bolt. Finally we ended up borrowing an impact drill...best little tool every invented...and finished the job. I can now say that I know what a strut is, how to change one, how to use an impact drill and various other tools. I'm so excited! What a productive day!

0 comments: