Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Escaped time...

"Once after finishing a picture, I thought I would stop for awhile, take a trip, do things--the next time I thought of this I found five years had gone by."
Willem de Kooning

I read this quote and had to laugh! How many times have I checked the date on the calendar or looked at the time and realized how much time has escaped me... specifically in reference to how long it's been since I've blogged! More than a year...and to think I really enjoy blogging...Lol one would probably question that if they were to look at the last date of my post!


I was reading this morning in James 4:14 where it says "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time and then vanisheth away." Although time may often escape me, my heart's desire would be that I would stand before my Lord and hear the words "well done, thou good and faithful servant." To know that I used my time wisely and spent it for Christ's glory is one of the greatest blessings I can think of! But yet, how many of us can say that we really spend every moment of our time for Christ?

0 comments: